"Maybe one day, by accident or poetry, you like to stay?" - Chico Buarque.


Caetano Veloso Tonada de Luna llena

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Truth


Tranh Phật
Nguyen Minh Phuoc , Viet Nam

Buddhist paintings
Nguyen Minh Phuoc , Vietnam


If you look for the truth outside yourself,
It gets farther and farther away.
Today walking alone, I meet it everywhere I step.
It is the same as me, yet I am not it.
Only if you understand it in this way
Will you merge with the way things are.

~ Tung-Shan ~


2 comments :

  1. I suspect, we will never "be it", Eva ... I work on a busy psych ward ... we had a hanging the other night ... thus my last poem about falling up ... and teaching a young nurse to keep it together ... feel so humbled every time one of my patients is leaving this worl like that ... because they fought for so long, and the only way out of their pain is death ... I am jealous in a way, that they are done, and I am not ...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments- find a minute or two to share your views